Friday, March 13, 2015

Fabric Friday: March 13

This week has been crazy. Like everyone, I think, we have been massively sick. I got what my daughter had, and instantly felt I should have had more sympathy for her. Wow, earaches really are super painful!! So, I've been sewing a bit, but don't have a lot ready to show here on the blog.

But. Fabric Friday! Today, since we've been sick, I just have a bundle that I've had pulled for quite a while. I've made adjustments here and there, but it's been sitting in my cabinet, waiting for its turn. This is my stack of fabrics for my Swoon quilt.

Yes, I'm finally getting around to making a Swoon quilt. I know, pretty much everyone out there already has one...but I'm getting there. It's next in the queue, and I'm hoping to get the pieces cut this weekend. I was going to cut them out at my neighborhood sewing night...but, I was too sick to go. :-(

I'm planning on using Kona Ash (which is a light gray) as my background instead of white, and each block will have a print and a solid. I only bought 4 solids because I'll use each solid in more than one block. I don't have any of the solids color names, but I'm 90% sure they are all Kona.

Top to bottom, prints only: Wishes by Sweetwater, Metro Living by Robert Kaufman, Little Ark by Carisa Something? (my selvage is almost unreadable...), (I'm missing the selvage end), the red polka dot is Hometown by Sweetwater, Best Day Ever by April Rosenthal, Seaside Cottage by Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures, Mormor by Lotta Jansdotter, and Wallflowers by Allison Harris.


Here's a picture of the groups. I'll use each solid twice except for blue, that I've paired with three prints.


This is my favorite group. I think it makes a great group on it's own, as well.


Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment