Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Christmas Table Runner

I wasn't planning on doing any Christmas sewing this year. Sewing gifts, sure. I sew each of my daughters a gift every year. But I didn't plan any Christmas quilts or decor. I have so many other things to sew. And then I was thinking about my brother who moved across the country earlier this year, and how it will be the first year he and his wife will be away from family.

So, of course, I decided to make them a gift. I thought they might appreciate having a table runner, to use all season long. I settled on making the same pattern I had made for my friend, a modified Seaside Quilt from Vintage Quilt Revival. I love that book.


Luckily, I had all the materials I needed, including enough white batting scraps (my big roll is cream) to piece together. It was the first time I've used frankenbatting, and I was pleased that it worked! I wouldn't want to do it for a large quilt, but this small quilt was fine. 

One thing I love about this quilt pattern is the center the four blocks form. Wish I'd gotten those top green corners to line up better, but the others look good! 


Here's a picture of the individual blocks. There are four for this mini quilt, and they go together really quickly.


I used a quilting pattern from Jacquie Gering's book Walk. I LOVE how it turned out and added movement. You can see a little bit of it on the back. The backing I used was this awesome woven green fabric that has woven ovals. It's pretty cool.


Anyway, it's on its way to them now, and I hope they love it!

Christmas Seaside Table Runner
Pieced and quilted by me
Completed November 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment