Tuesday, January 24, 2023

January Progress Report

I didn't really know what to title this blog post, and it's really just a what-I'm-working-on kinda post, so I guess this works. 

I got my Swoon top off to my quilter a couple of weeks ago and then decided what I REALLY wanted to do was finish up the All the Good quilt top I had started in the autumn. I bought the pattern at Quiltcon and then started it in the fall when it was next on my list, but I had to put it away when holiday sewing got in the way. I wasn't in love with my layout anyway so I packed it away, which I don't usually do when I'm mid-project, and so I was antsy to get back to it. I also had to be careful about when I laid it out because I knew it would have to stay on the floor for at least a few days while I mulled over the design and then picked it up piece by piece to sew it together. But, I got it laid out, and once it was laid out, the sewing was pretty quick. 



By quick, I mean several hours, but still...quicker than you think it would take given what it is. 


I meant to blog mid-project, so I have progress shots of my sewing room. My cutting table is covered with All the Good strips, partially pieced Christmas Shimmer blocks, and focal prints for an economy block quilt that is next on my quilting list. 

So here's my All the Good quilt top, pattern by Jittery Wings Quilts. 


Next on my actual list, though, is a dress for me. To match my girls' Christmas dresses. I overbought fabric by yards and yards and thought I might as well sew a matching dress for me since they've asked a few times. Hey, if they want me to match too, who am I to turn them down? :)

It's going together pretty quickly, but I don't have any pictures because it's just a pile of fabric right now and whenever I've been in there working on it, it's been dark and I don't think to take progress pictures. 

And then I might finish my Christmas Shimmer quilt because I really don't like putting WIPs away...and I have some other knit and apparel fabric that is languishing, including a really fun Chenille knit I bought from Girl Charlee on a great sale...it would be a shame to not get it sewn up before it's too warm to wear it. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment