Friday, September 6, 2024

Tiles Take Two

Right now, I don't actually have a leaders and enders project prepared, because I can't seem to pick one. I'm using my slow project (which has roughly 4 million curves) as leaders and enders, but I hope to get a new one picked soon. I got my last one bound, and it's making me feel even more pressure to get a new project picked already! :)


This quilt is my most recent leaders and enders, and I used the Sunset Tiles pattern by Jeni Baker in Scraps, Inc. Vol 1. I've made the pattern before but I messed up while assembling and some of the rows are sewn together incorrectly, which messed up the pattern and made it pretty out of square. I love that quilt, though, and I wanted to have another go to try and get it assembled correctly. It's set on point, and it was the first time I've done a quilt on point, so it's understandable I messed up, but still disappointing. 

Plus, the pattern is a great one for leaders and enders. It's simple to sew, the pieces are a great size to use up scraps, and color placement within blocks is a non-issue, making it pretty perfect for a leaders and enders.

I made this version a bit larger, and like my others, I backed it with denim to make it more durable for picnicking. I don't love the colors quite as much as the first one I made, but a friend on IG said it's cheerful, which I think is a great way to describe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment