Friday, June 9, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 30: June 9

Summer is in full swing around here and my days are simultaneously so fast and also glacially slow. Why is that? I've never quite understood how that aspect of the time continuum works. My kids are keeping mostly busy, and mostly not fighting, which is always nice. And we're eating plenty of creamies and snow cones. 

Today's fabric bundle came from these nice blues. Two of them are from Jill Howarth's Little Women line, and of course I added in the green that matches perfectly, but then added in some other fabrics to round it out and make it mine. Because that's what I always do. I rarely use strictly one line, I find it too matchy, and not individual enough. I mean, the lines are great, and quilts made from single lines are beautiful, but they're not really me. And I like to express my creativity through quilts. Or at least, that's what I tell myself...


I find it interesting that it looks much different than I remember my economy block quilt looking. It's off being quilted right now, but it had lots of Little Women fabric in it, but lots of others as well. I don't think I pulled teal for that one, and it had some awesome butter yellows, but this one just feels different. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, who knows? 

I hope you're enjoying the summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment