Friday, April 28, 2017

Fabric Friday: April 28

This week was rough. No reason in particular, other than just being a mom. I know everyone goes through good times and bad, and sometimes there's not a good reason for either. And this week was a rough one. I think I'm just worn down. The fatigue of being a mom to four kids including twins is real, man. And I can usually pull myself up. I know the work I do as a mom is so important, however exhausting and unrewarding it might feel. But sometimes, I just can't. And it takes a few days. I know we must all go through this to some extent, and I guess I'm just trying to keep it real here. So, sometimes when I have these rough patches, I retreat to my sewing room (after making sure the babies are in safe places, of course!) and a lot of times, I just sit. I should tidy things, as it's really a disaster. With such limited sewing time, I tend to prioritize actual sewing over tidying, but I should tidy. Sometimes, I go through my fabric, reacquainting myself with my stash, and picking new bundles for no project in particular. This is just such a bundle. I'm digging lime green lately. And these low volume prints are just amazing--I love the light gray on the bright white!


This bundle got its start from the Denyse Schmidt print on the bottom. It's been burning a whole in my stash, and I just couldn't figure out a way to use it. I received it in a swap, and while I wanted to like it, I just didn't. Until this bundle, anyway. I love the acidity in the green with the calm blue and the happy pink. The aqua and the white temper all that color and it just makes me happy.

Which is always good in a rough week.


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel with the exhausting days. I hope that this week will provide a calmer rhythm for you. Beautiful fabric stack!

    ReplyDelete