Friday, April 7, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 23: April 7

When I set out to pull a bundle for today, I wanted to do something a lot different than I've done before. I'm not sure I succeeded, but I did try. I settled on starting with orange. It might have helped that I am wearing my orange linen joggers today, which I adore. But orange is a harder color for me to use, it's really not my default. So I started there, with the great Carolyn Friedlander print. Then I pulled the mustard and forest green and thought it looked great, and different from my normal ranges. I don't usually stick with analogous color schemes, but this was great.

But. I thought how navy would really add that necessary contrast, and I pulled some navy prints to add.


It's funny because I had just been thinking how I ALWAYS use navy. Not always, but it sure shows up in a lot. Even my scrap boxes are really low on navy, because I use them up. And even in my efforts to avoid navy, I fell back on it just the same. 


I guess old habits die hard.

Or you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Or some other cliche that isn't really true but certainly feels true when we're falling back on the same things we always do. 

It's okay. It's just fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment