Friday, December 16, 2022

Fabric Friday Week 8: December 16

Well, I've already missed a week, and I'm only 8 weeks in. I knew I'd miss some here and there, and I'm just going to give myself grace. Because this is supposed to be fun! And it's Christmas. Of course I'd miss a week during December, December is slammed.


This bundle is one I'm planning for a gift. A few weeks back, I had stopped at my quilter's on the way to my mom's to pick up some quilts. I was excited to see them, so I took them in the house and spread them out and admired her work. My mom, who I taught to quilt, commented on the large one (which hasn't been bound yet...) and told me if I was ever bored, I could make her a bed quilt.


I laughed and reminded her I had taught her to quilt and she could make her own, and she said she doesn't like to make big quilts like that, which I can understand. So, I thought I'd do it for her birthday! It's coming up in mid-February, so I gotta get a move on! 

I'm planning to make a Swoon quilt for her, the large blocks, and I'm adding a row to make sure it's actually bed sized for her. She loves blue and I thought this gradient from blue to green would be a nice change from her typical blue and yellow color scheme. Hopefully she likes it! I think it'll turn out great so if she doesn't, I'll offer to take it back, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment