Monday, March 16, 2020

Summer Sampler 2017

I am playing catch up here on the blog. I really like having this blog to document all my sewing projects, but I've been lazy to get photos up on it, which is pretty much the most important part, right?

The quilt I'm posting today is a quilt I finished this past summer, but I finished the quilt top way back in 2017. I left it for a year and half because we were looking to move and I was trying to not spend extra money on sewing...so I did my quilting from my stash, and waited to send my quilts out to be quilted until we had moved. I know quilting doesn't cost a ton of money, but I was really trying hard to not spend on my hobby while we were looking/building. Of course, my spending has gone into hyperdrive since we moved in, but we won't talk about that here... ;-)

This was a really fun quilt, though. It was a summer sampler project put on by Katie Blakesly, Lee Heinrich and Faith Jones. They do them annually and if I weren't bogged down with so many other projects, I'd probably sign up every year. That year, the theme was stars, and I love star blocks, so I added it to my list and did it. I kept up pretty well, although the finishing blocks took me a while. I wish they had released those instructions first so you could gradually work on them as you went. Oh well...it's not like I really needed to finish them quickly, as the top sat around for a year and a half before it got quilted...



I did redo one block and there are one or two others that I could have redone, but I really love how it turned out. I backed it with a print I picked up at a store that was closing for just a few dollars a yard. It was the perfect colors and I really love how it looks. But you'll have to take my word for it because I didn't get a picture of the back. Sorry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment