Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Brand New Year

This time of year is always a great time to reflect on the past year and plan ahead for next year. I don’t love or even really do New Years resolutions because I’ll often try to do self reflection and course correction throughout the year, but I love looking back at what I accomplished and what I’d like to do the next year, especially in regards to my hobbies and interests. So, here’s how 2022 stacked up:

I went on four trips:

  • Spring break with the family on Caribbean cruise

  • London and Cotswolds with DH for his work trip 

  • Boston and New Hampshire for my birthday with DH

  • Fall break with the family to Beaver Creek in Colorado


These are the quilts I sewed:

  • Come Fly With Me BOM

  • Swoon 16

  • Hidden Stars

  • Scrap Stash Plus

  • Bridges Mini Quilt

  • Halloween Squared

  • Parisian Summer Blooms

  • Seattle

  • Following the Leader

  • Florentine Sunset

  • Home for the Holidays


I made these clothes for my girls:

  • Tiered dress for 12YO

  • 4 flamingo t shirts

  • Stella dress for 10YO

  • Stella dress for 6YO

  • Pajama pants for 12YO

  • Shorts for 6YO

  • Library dress for 6YO

  • Terrace dress for 12YO

  • Halloween: 1 elastic waist skirt, 2 simple witch dresses, 1 cowgirl dress

  • 4 sets of Christmas pajamas

  • 4 Callie dresses for Christmas 


I made these clothes for me:

  • 2 pairs of seaforth joggers in linen

  • 1 pair of seaforth joggers wide leg in chambray

  • Mykonos shorts in linen

  • metro t shirt

  • 1 Isidro t shirt

  • Phoenix top with embroidery 

  • Knit dress with cowl neck

  • Burnside bibs

  • Boatneck t shirt

  • Evergreen jacket

  • Christmas Pajamas


Other sewing completed

  • Scrap pouf from Closet core

  • 5 embroidered linen towels

  • Christmas banner


Current WIPs

  • Palais Royale (needs to be bound)

  • All the good quilt (pieces assembled, need to layout and sew together)

  • Shimmer in Christmas fabric (blocks in progress)

  • Swoon (finished top, will drop off to quilter this week. 

    See pics below for progress)





Phew! That’s a lot of sewing!


So here’s some tentative thinking ahead for next year.Just some things I'd definitely like to do. I don't want to box myself in too much, so these are projects I've already been wanting to do. The apparel is especially anemic, mostly because I have loads of apparel fabric, some with tentative plans, but I really have to be in the mood, so I'm not sure what the year will hold for apparel. There's also the seasonality of clothing...it's hard to want to sew winter appropriate clothing in late February because the season is almost over...so I've only listed goals apparel goals that are goals, like hard and things I really want to accomplish, not just finish. Make sense? Hope so...


Quilting Goals

  • All the Good

  • Christmas Shimmer

  • Swoon

  • Rifle paper stack

  • Little Women economy block

  • Undetermined Scrap project

  • Low volume star with dark solid background (maybe like the scrappy one I made a few years back)

  • Start a travel sampler


Apparel Goals

  • Button dress for me

  • Vintage pattern blouse

No comments:

Post a Comment