Friday, July 21, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 31: July 21

I had hoped to get some fabric friday posts scheduled before our trip, but that did not happen. I was just too busy getting ready, and even things I had hoped to get done around my house didn't happen. It's okay. We got the important things taken care of, we had a great trip, and we made it home safe and sound. I try to be safe since this is a public blog, even though I don't think anyone is actually following along, and didn't post details about our trip before because that's just not safe. It's not good for strangers to know when your house will be empty or when and where you'll be...so, I was vague, and I did schedule posts of projects I finished up for while we were gone so it would look like we were still around, maybe...not that anyone really pays attention here, but still.


So, we took our four girls on an adventure in France and London! We de-jetlagged in Paris for a few days before picking up a rental car in Rouen and driving to central Brittany where we did a week long moving on bike tour. It was hard and beautiful and lovely and I feel so accomplished. Hopefully the girls do too. After, we had a rental house in Brittany for a week, and then also briefly in Normandy before ending in London so we could see Wicked and Back to the Future (highly recommend!) and then arrived home again on Sunday. It was long, and I'm glad to be home, but there were some really great moments too.

So, a new bundle! I chose to start with a fabric I bought at Liberty in London from their sample sale. So, no selvage. It feels more like quilting cotton than their silky cotton lawn, which is just fine for my purposes, and after I asked for half a meter I instantly regretted it, but also reasoned that it really is plenty for me. It's the light blue with trees. I added in some other colors and I think it's a pretty decent combo. I also paired a similarly colored print from From-Frou in Paris, the one with lemons. It was fun to pick up some new prints in Europe and they feel extra special, especially the Frou-Frou ones because I can't buy them here. Odds are, I could probably find the Liberty prints, but the Frou-Frou are harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment