Friday, March 10, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 19: March 10

I was looking through my No Scrap Left Behind book (by the amazing Amanda Jean Nyberg) and stopped at the color scheme page she has. I know the basics, but sometimes, hearing someone else say it can help you think about it in a different way. One suggestion she gave was to think about a favorite vacation and think of the colors you associate with that place. I thought that was interesting, and kinda hard, if I'm honest, because when I think about old European cities (my fave destination, of course), I think of old stone buildings, which are all going to be light to medium neutral, earthy colors. NOT my favorite colors. But then I thought of some amazing pictures I took on a photo tour of the Louvre at night. Inky black sky, yellows, oranges, and a few reds from the lights and lit pyramids...it's just stunning, and I thought that would make a great color scheme. I quickly pulled some fabric and I really love it. 


It's really similar to the colors I pulled and used for my Florence clamshell quilt, but let's not focus on that, lol. The deep saturation of the navy and dark purple add intensity that that quilt don't quite have, so I'll take it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment