Friday, March 24, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 21: March 24

Last weekend, I needed a birthday gift for a sewist friend. AND, it just so happened that the two closest quilt shops were having sales. The first was having an intonations quilting day sale, and they had a huge table with closeout fabric plus 15% off everything else. The other shop was having a clearance sale because they had a flood a few months back and are needing to close for a couple of weeks while their floors are refinished, so they're trying to clear out (undamaged) inventory so they don't have to move it. I bought a seam roller for my friend, and then several yards of fabric for myself (and I'm considering going back for a 5-yard cut of one of the pieces I bought, it could be a great background or backing...)

Everything I bought was blue or green...lol, they all actually look good together, but I was not going for that. I guess I really have my favorites. I was disappointed I didn't find any yellows. But I'm always down for blue. 

Two I picked up fell squarely in the periwinkle category and I really love them. Periwinkle is such a pretty color and it's not one I've thought much about lately. Or ever, I guess. So I decided to pull a bundle around the periwinkle fabrics, and I'm so happy with it. 



Have a great weekend, and always say yes to fabric sales! (Just kidding, be financially responsible. Unless you don't want to. Then buy the fabric.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment