Friday, July 10, 2015

Fabric Friday: July 10

Another week, come and gone. Right now, I'm trying to decide what project to take to my neighborhood quilting retreat. Last year, our monthly sewing group got together for a stay-cation retreat: one of the women offered her home and we all could come and go as necessary from Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon. It was perfect: we could sleep at our own homes, take care of our families as necessary, but also set up and leave our machines and projects for the whole time. We had such a good time, we are making it an annual tradition, and we're having it next weekend.


Which means I need a project. :-) I'm just about done with a quilt top, and I'm really hoping to finish it today so I can drop it off when I pick up my Swoon from Abby Latimer tomorrow.


So I'm debating between starting a quilt (which would mean getting everything cut out first, since I can't cut at standard dining table...) or a bunch of smaller projects...I want to make a sewing machine cover for my new Bernina, I have some knit fabric I want to sew into a top for me, and some knit I bought to make a ruffled scarf, and some chambray to make a skirt for my daughter, and a bag pattern  (or three...) I'd like to make...there's plenty of small stuff.

So...while I think about that and finish up my current quilt (which just needs borders), here's a bundle of fabric!


Top to bottom: Mixed Bag by Studio M, (No line noted) Tina Higgins for Quilting Treasures, Mind Your Mummy by Kim Christopherson of Kimberbell Designs, Flora by Joel Dewberry, Nomad by Urbanchiks, Metro Living by Robert Kaufman, and Best. Day. Ever! by April Rosenthal.

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That staycation retreat sounds like a great idea. I may ponder that for some ladies that I know. Love your fabric bundle.
    If it was me, I would go with the smaller projects, at least you might come home with something finished!!!!

    ReplyDelete