Friday, August 28, 2015

Fabric Friday: August 28

My oldest started kindergarten yesterday and just loved it. Luckily for me, she was willing to tell me all about it. Sometimes, she clams up and prefers to ponder her experiences. I get that; she's a very thoughtful kid. But I really wanted to know about her day, and I'm just so glad she shared. I'm proud of her, and so happy for her. And I didn't even cry, not one little bit. I'm still a bit in denial that I have a school-aged kid already, though!


Today's fabric pull is inspired by back to school. Very predictable, I know...and I picked very predictable colors...but I think they're really nice together anyway. :-)


Top to bottom: Herringbone by Joel Dewberry, (my pear print doesn't have any designer info on it, but it's made by Makower), Quattro by Studio M, April Showers by Bonnie and Camille, (I cut off my selvage years ago, but it's by Zen Chic), Wallflowers by Cluck Cluck Sew, (no line on my selvage, but it's by Sweetwater), Dottie by Cotton and Steel, and Color Theory by V and Co. Man, this was a bad week for selvages!

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It is kind of liberating when you're littlies get to start school, but I get it, my eldest has just turned 30 and the youngest 28 and I'm still not ready to let them go.......... They tolerate me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brave for not crying! I was a pool of tears when both my kids began kindergarten. They on the other hand, were just fine, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete