Friday, October 2, 2015

Fabric Friday: October 2

Last week, April Rosenthal, Amanda of Westwood Acres, and Vanessa Goertzen hosted a fun contest on Instagram. To enter, you had to post a bundle of 18 fabrics from 3 different designers, more or less equally split. When I read the rules, I first thought it meant from 3 different lines (obviously more limiting than 3 designers), and so that's where this bundle came from!


I used my all-time favorite line: Hometown by Sweetwater. I just love it. I wish I'd bought more in different prints, but I'm cherishing what I have left.


I also used Cotton and Steel basics and Wallflower by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew. I think they work really well together. I love that they have the same colors, but that they're just slightly different to add some interest, and that they are really the same tonal range. I think that's one of the most important things when you blend different lines (which is my preference as you well know). :-) It's important to match fabrics with similar undertones. If you can do that, the fabrics will look like they belong together even if they don't really belong together.


Also--I'm going to take a little breather on the Fabric Fridays. I really love it--I just seem to have a lot going on, and sometimes I just don't make it. So, I'm going to take a breather on the pressure. And if it doesn't happen one week, well, I'm going to know that it's okay.

1 comment:

  1. Your eye for color and print combinations is always so appealing. Do you begin with a focus fabric and then pick co-ordinates? I'd love some tips... no pressure at all, though :)

    ReplyDelete