Saturday, March 31, 2018

April One Monthly Goal

March flew by for me, did it for you as well?

I'm hoping to be more deliberate (and therefore more productive!) in April. However, I've already been thrown off-kilter and the month's only just begun! I was hoping to make good headway on my Venice quilt, and I still hope to, of course, but things come up. As is usual when you don't live under a rock, haha.

I have a dear friend I roomed with in college who is expecting her first baby in July! I'm so excited for her, and immediately began to think about making her a quilt. She currently lives in Seattle, and I expected to mail it to her in June or July. But! She texted just last week to tell me she is making a last minute trip to Utah in mid-April and her mother-in-law is throwing her a shower. I'd much prefer to give it to her in person, so my deadline got moved up by a few months and all the sudden the pressure was on! 


I rushed out to get background fabric--I had all the prints I needed--and set to work on the pattern I selected: a modified Red Cross quilt from Vintage Quilt Revival (my favorite book!). But, preparing is one thing.

Her shower is on April 21st and so my goal (with a very firm deadline!) is to finish the baby quilt for my friend. 

I've already spent an hour piecing it, so I shouldn't have too much trouble.


My other goals I hope to get to include the following.
  • Make progress on my Venice quilt, specifically finish four of the sixteen blocks.
  • Trace the pattern for Lisette 6411 and prepare the fabric. This is my least favorite part of garment sewing, and I think I could get a lot more done if I didn't procrastinate this odious task so much.
  • Bind my triangle quilt. This one is actually pretty important too, because I plan to submit it to an art competition. I don't have it back just yet, but the quilter has finished it, and I'm anxious to see it. First, I must pick a binding fabric...
  • Take my girls on a fun outing for spring break.
  • Exercise three times a week. Odious but necessary. I am very unfit right now. 
  • Plan a summer weekend away. I have a feeling we'll need it. I'm hoping to talk my mom into taking my girls for a few days, but I think she's worn out and that might not happen, so a family camping trip would also suffice.
I'm linking up to One Monthly Goal link up. :-)

6 comments:

  1. You certainly have a great list. The baby quilt fabrics are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see how it turns out.

      Delete
  2. Great fabric for the quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. With such a firm deadline, I need the luck!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great start to the baby quilt, look forward to seeing it finished and I know the new Mom will too! I love to see your goals strive for a good "sew/life" balance, I could use more of that myself! Good luck with your April goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try for a good balance; I find I'm a better mom when I balance better! Not perfectly, of course, because who ever achieves perfect balance? But better. I do hope she loves it!

      Delete