Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Venice Quilt Underway!

So, my March goal for One Monthly Goal was to get my fabric completely cut out for my Venice quilt (using the Wallflower pattern). I was overwhelmed by being back from vacation and getting back into a routine, and I wasn't sure how much sewing I would get done or even what I needed to get done. So, I set myself a very reachable goal. And, as you can imagine, I blew it out of the water. Yes! So much better than falling short, though, so I'm glad I set a really simple goal.


I not only got everything cut out, I got all the block components sewn and pressed. Now I need to piece the blocks together and then just sash them together. This quilt has been faster than I expected, but just as enjoyable as the Shimmer quilt, which has a very, very similar block. I love Allison Harris's quilt patterns so very much! I'm also very excited for this quilt to come together.


This month, I also managed to get two shirts sewn for my girls. I made the Hopscotch shirt from Oliver and S, and the girls LOVE them. Hooray! I added two extra inches to my eight-year-old's, and I should have added another, and I should have added some length to my five-year-old's. Oh well, next time. And there will for sure be a next time, because this pattern is great. Not difficult, and a great, basic look.

I'm linking up to One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabrics! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love them too. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love how this looks! Congratulations on knocking your goal out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see it come together.

      Delete