Friday, March 2, 2018

March One Monthly Goal

I've had a hard time coming up with a goal for this month. We just returned from Hawaii, so I'm still in vacation mode, coupled with jet lag, and a requirement to resume regular mom-duties. But, one of the first things I did was start cutting out my Venice quilt (I'm using Cluck Cluck Sew's Wallflowers quilt). This has been a long time in coming: I've had the fabrics picked out for over a year and just couldn't settle on a pattern. I finally decided right before we left, so I was anxious to get home and get started.

So, I guess my very obvious one monthly goal is to finish cutting out that quilt, even though I'd rather have a goal for actual stitching. I don't really like the cutting out part of quilting, so, while I haven't minded cutting out what I've started, I'm still not looking forward to finishing and making time to do that. I'd rather do the sewing! :-)


Unfortunately, cutting out all the background fabric is rather dull. I got through the colorful fabrics today, but now I've got hundreds of background pieces to cut. Hopefully, I'll get it all done. It is so satisfying to have a whole quilt project cut out!

I'm linking up to Elm Street's One Monthly Goal.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great fabric pull. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete