Friday, September 8, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 34: September 8

It has been a month since I posted and I can't believe it. We had the chaos of back to school and back to activities, and we've had some medical issues with one of our daughters that took a lot of attention and various doctor visits in various cities. It's nothing horribly serious but does require attention. Not to mention emotional investment on my end. 

Even with all that and my lack of blogging, I have been sewing... a bit. Not quite as much as I'd like, but I have been sewing and I'll post some of what I've worked on in the next little bit. Hopefully. :-)

I did pull a fabric bundle out a couple of weeks ago, and just didn't get around to posting. Sigh. Life. Medical stuff. School. Sigh.

This bundle feels back to school to me, in the school spirit sense, I guess. I picture Varsity jackets and football games. And it was inspired by this print, which I impulse purchased off of Hawthorne Threads when I bought fabric for a quilt project I'm just getting started on. 


These arches kind of have a retro vibe to me, so maybe that's why it feels very varsity/football season to me? Anyone else have that retro vibe with back to school/school spirit stuff?


You know what's kind of funny is that that has positive associations for me, even though I hated high school. I struggled so much socially, but athletics and football season have happy memories for me. Even though football season is very social...I dunno, I can't really explain it. I did play varsity volleyball throughout high school, so that was certainly a driving force in school spirit, and maybe football season is really an extended opening social for high school each year and each year I started out with optimism that maybe I'd fit in this year? Maybe things would work out and people would want to be my friend this time around? Who knows. I'm glad to be out of high school. Obviously. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment