Friday, September 15, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 35: September 15

I fell in love with Papper Saxsten's Hexibore quilt when it popped in my feed and signed up for her online class since she doesn't sell the pattern as a standalone. But I had a terrible time deciding on which version to make! Luckily she included the original pattern with the updated pattern the class was on, and I knew I'd have to make multiple. First, I made a four petal version and my colors, sadly, ended up remarkably like Jenny's. It was unintentional, but I'm sure influenced by the images I'd seen. Now I want to make a six petal version, which was the original, and I'm trying to pick new colors. I've been influenced by the palettes other people have used, of course, but I've tried to be inspired and not copy. One was a very floral feel, and I loved that it used soft pastels. Without looking at the image to mimic it, I pulled color chips off my board and this is what I came up with. I believe, if I remember correctly, the original used the small baby size, so one less round of petals and a slightly different center shape, so mine is different, but I bet it's pretty close. It was so pretty, what can I say? I like that the colors I've pulled are light and bright but not too pastely. They're more style, slightly leaning into autumn color schemes. 


In my defense, I'm pretty sure I added the aqua and the green. I think the original used a great gray for the outside. This feels very candy colored to me, and reminds me a bit of Katrina Berg, a local artist. It seems like a color palette she would appreciate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment