Friday, September 29, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 37: September 29

September has been brutal in our house. It's still back to school time, with everyone getting back into rhythm with all the activities, and we have birthday week at our house, with 3 of our kids' birthdays plus mine. I turned 40 this month! Spoiler, it sucked. But it's okay, we will celebrate eventually with a trip to Italy, so I'll survive. 

Amid all the craziness, I got to go to Garden of Quilts at Thanksgiving Point here in Utah with a friend. We went last year and really enjoyed it so we made sure to go again. Truthfully, I'm suffering from tendonitis in my hips right now, so the walking all over the gardens was pretty tiring. But there were loads of beautiful quilts, including a version of All the Good that I liked better than mine. It made me want to try it again! 

We ended our visit with a stop at the vendor marketplace and I didn't buy a lot, but I did buy a fat quarter bundle from a shop I discovered last year, the Cotton Bolt I think. She is so talented with color and creates stunning bundles! I bought one last year I still haven't used...whoops. And I had to buy another one this year. I also picked up some other remnants and fat quarters that she had discounted, and realized when I got home that they work super well with the bundle I picked, and then I pulled some additional prints from my stash, and well, I have a fabric friday bundle! I love it and want to cut into it if I could just figure out what to do. I thought about a clamshell quilt, but a few of the cuts aren't quite wide enough for my clammy ruler. So maybe an orange peel? Hmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment