Friday, February 20, 2015

Fabric Friday: February 20

I can't believe a whole week has passed. This has been a very crazy week for me, so I haven't gotten many photos taken. I did manage to get my Lucky quilt pieced and sashed together; all I have left is adding the outside border. Wahoo! I'm hoping to hear my Petal Pushers quilt is finished soon, and when I pick that up, I'll drop off these two. I do need to piece the backs, still, but that obviously shouldn't take too long. I'll be backing them with flannel, to make sure they are nice and soft for my girls.

Today's fabric bundle uses the fabrics I used for the pennants on the girls' playhouse. When I was selecting fabric for that, I wanted something really fun and primary-color based, but didn't want to use fabrics to close in color to the walls of the playhouse. Which meant the actual primary colors were out. I also didn't want to get to close to the sun fabrics since it would be so close, and I really wanted it to be vibrant. So, I picked an orange, purple, and brown. I was really just auditioning different fabrics out, and was surprised these ones worked so well! I loved that they all had different designs; I didn't want too many polka dots or anything too similar. And then as I have looked at the playhouse, I decided I really liked them together! So, a bundle was inspired.



From top to bottom: Mixed Bag by Studio M, Metro Living by Robert Kaufman (one of the playhouse fabrics), Mormor by Lotta Jansdotter (another playhouse fabric), (I think this purple is by V and Co.), One for the Boys by Zoe Pearn Designs (last playhouse fabric), and Basics by Alison Lindhardt.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment