Friday, February 6, 2015

Fabric Friday: February 6

This is a bundle I tried to put together last week, and just couldn't get it to work. I had most of it down, and it just wasn't quite right. But, I switched some things around, and now I'm quite pleased with it! Most of the bundles I've been pulling have been made up of blenders, and that's really what most of my stash is. Go figure, right? Now that I'm more active on Instagram, and seeing what lovely things people are doing with more novelty prints, I'm wanting to get more into my stash than I have, but it's hard. A lot of what my local quilt shops carry is very juvenile. C'est la vie. I think a pink would be really nice in this bundle, too, but I didn't have the right pink. Pinks are really hard, I think. I'm putting together quilts for my daughters' beds, and of course pink HAD to be in the main color, and they are really tricky.


The focal print in this bundle isn't a novelty print at all, but at least it has a few colors to go off of! From top to bottom: Glimma by Lotta Jansdotter, Wishes by Sweetwater (I think; no designer info on my fat quarter selvage), Best Day Ever by April Rosenthal, Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket, Netorious by Cotton + Steel, and Sidewalks by October Afternoon.


Happy Weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the yellow with the red/pink flower! I always have trouble finding the right purple!

    ReplyDelete