Friday, February 27, 2015

Fabric Friday: February 27

I can't believe February is all but over. I think part of that is that we have had an unseasonably warm winter here in Utah, so it has flown by. We haven't been stranded indoors, covered with a wretched inversion; it's been almost spring-like and we've spent lots of afternoons at the park.

I dropped off my daughters' two quilts to Abby Latimer to be quilted this week, and was able to pick up my Petal Pushers quilt. I'll get it bound and labeled and photographed soon, hopefully this weekend. I'm really excited to show it to you!

And for this week, I have a stack for Fabric Friday that I've been working on for a mini for my wall. I don't know when I'll actually get around to making it...I hope soon. the ideas I'm mulling over involve macarons. Which I think is fitting; I keep thinking it's a bit of a tragedy that I don't actually have a macaron quilt. :-)



The focal fabric is Mon Amie by Brejer. I'm not sure where I first saw this online, but once I did, I knew I had to have it. I didn't have plans, so I only bought a half-yard, and I ordered it online, and even though I'm sure the website included some sort of scaling information, I still had no idea how large the Eiffel Tower would be. Had I known, I might have ordered more because to really use it will require large pieces.


The other pieces, top to bottom, are Mormor by Lotta Jansdotter, Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille, (I'm missing the selvage on the coral one; it was a gift, so I really don't know. But, it really screamed Paris to me, so I have to include it here!), Little House by Annette Tatum, Social Club by Comstock, Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille, Desired Things by Robyn Pandolph, Blomster by Lotta Jansdotter, and Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille.

The scallops from Bonnie and Camille I think will be perfect for macarons...I just couldn't get over them! Same with the Desired Things light blue...just the right shape. And the lavender doesn't match any colors in the focal fabric, but it just felt right. It may or may not end up in the final quilt. The stack doesn't look as unified as others I've made where the emphasis is more on color, but most of the fabrics I've pulled are pretty darn close to colors from the focal fabric. As I pulled fabrics, I couldn't get over how varied the colors were, and I really was delighted that I had so many perfect colors in my stash.

I'm still designing the quilt; I haven't made a mini before, and I'm finding it different than I expected for some reason. But soon. Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment