I have been working hard on my daughters' quilts. I finished the first, Spin Cycle by Allison Harris, a couple of weeks ago. And then I got started on the second, Lucky by Camille Roskelley. I elected to sew the HSTs together as sets of 4 to make it go quicker, but didn't realize how dreadful that many HSTs with biased edges would be! I starched them thoroughly, and they were pretty stiff, but still twisted just a little as I sewed even though I pinned and pinned. They worked out fine, but it was still just a little aggravating to sew, especially over the seams. And, I haven't been super excited to work on this one; I think after I finish these tops, I'm going to try to find a quicker finish project to work on to give myself a little bit of a break. These long-term projects can be exhausting.
But. I have a pile of squares and am ready to start laying out. I'm really glad; I'm trying to enjoy the process of quilting more, since I claim to love it and all, but I'm really excited for the big reveal, too. Coordinating quilts for the girls, and I'm going to try and make some simple pillowcases, and I'm thinking about some Hazel Hedgehog accent pillows. I think it'll be pretty cute. I haven't decided about curtains. :-)
I'm really hoping (and racing) to have the two quilt tops finished before Abby finishes quilting my Petal Pusher quilt (pattern from A Quilter's Mixology). I love dropping off when I pick up; it feels so efficient. :-)
I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!