Friday, January 30, 2015

Fabric Friday: January 30

This week has flown by and I haven't been able to sew as much as I would have liked. I guess that's to make up for last week when I got a lot of sewing in, right? Hopefully this weekend I'll get some more in. I have finished sewing the squares to cut up for HSTs for quilt for my daughter. Since I finished my Spin Cycle top last week, it's time to start the top for the second daughter. I'm making Camille Roskelley's Lucky, but I didn't buy the pattern...I wanted to sew the HST triangles together the way I wanted to, and then I figured I'd probably change the sashing size anyway, so I figured why bother buying the pattern? If I weren't changing anything, I would have bought it, but I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from...especially with a quilt make entirely of HSTs. :-)


Anyway, that's where I am this week with my sewing. And for Fabric Friday, I actually have a bundle I'm going to try to use! Most weeks, I pull just for the exercise of pulling. But today, I have a bundle I'm planning to use to make the Double Windmill table runner from Vintage Quilt Revival. My main living area and dining room have light blue walls and they meet up with light gray walls in the entry way, and we have a painting above our gray slate fireplace that is very orange, so I thought this combination would look really nice on my table. You know, I've never really been able to identify my favorite color. I used to say red by default because I look good in red. But, most of the fabric I've pulled for Fabric Fridays, and a lot of the fabric I've been buying lately, and a lot of the paint I've considered for my house has been blue. Of course, I really do love ALL the colors. Except maybe neon green. Or insipid vomit pink. But other than that, I pretty much love any color. It's color combinations that ruin colors in my opinion.

Enough rambling, onto the fabric! Top to bottom: Remix by Ann Kelie, Mormor by Lotta Jansdotter, Wallflower by Allison Harris, Benartex (no designer on my selvage),Simply Sweet by Lori Whitlock, Glimma by Lotta Jansdotter, XOXO Cotton + Steel Basics, Metro Living by Robert Kaufman, Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille, and Quattro by Studio M.

No comments:

Post a Comment