Friday, January 16, 2015

Fabric Friday

I can't believe it's Friday already; thank goodness, right? I am ready for a weekend. But my Saturday is already full of (unrelaxing) commitments, unfortunately, so real relaxing will have to wait until Sunday. *sigh*

But, Friday. Yay! And it's time for another installment of Fabric Friday.


Here's what I have today. Apparently, I'm totally into blue right now. I just can't get away from it! :)

From top to bottom: First one is from Riley Blake, but my cut doesn't have the designer info on it. Hate that. Why don't they make the selvage information shorter? The second one is a fat quarter and I ended up with the non-selvage end... third down, though, is easy: Oh Clementine, by Allison Harris, then Mormor by Lotta Jansdotter, Road 15 by Sweetwater, Seaside Cottage by Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures, Polka Party Petite by Holly Holderman, and Lucy's Crab Shack by Sweetwater.


I actually retook this group several times. First, I started off without an accent. Then I decided something orange might be nice. And as I was downloading those photos, realized that the cream fabric had turquoise trees, green grass, and pink trees. Now that I'm really looking at it, it also has orange, but I had picked a reddish-orange, not the burnt orange that is on the fabric. I decided pink might be better, and so I reshot again. C'est la vie. I do like the pink better. And, it's really how picking fabric goes, isn't it? You pick something, then put one back and pull a different one, and do it again, until you're satisfied.



See you next week, and I have my first tutorial lined up! It's paper piecing, which I really enjoy (but I'm not an expert, that's for sure!). Stop by early next week to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment