Friday, January 2, 2015

Fabric Friday

Since starting this blog, I've been trying to think of a weekly "column" I could do that would be fun and interesting. Lee of Freshly Pieced hosts WIP Wednesdays link up party, I've heard of Tip Tuesday (who does that one? I can't remember...), Modern Monday over at 42 Quilts (I think she's done with that one, but it's still available)...I wanted to come up with something fun to keep me blogging regularly.

And then I thought about how much fun I have looking through Pile O' Fabric's bundles and thought it might be fun to do that with my own stash. Sort of an exercise to work on new color combinations, to get me thinking outside the box, and hopefully, to use my stash! So that's what Fabric Friday will be all about. A bundle (of any size; sometimes maybe just three fabrics, sometimes lots) from my stash. Luckily, I have a pretty decently sized stash. :-)


This week's bundle is orange, navy, and aqua. Definitely inspired by my current work in progress, but not the same.


We have (top to bottom) From Bump -> Baby by Gina Martin, (? I bought a fat quarter of this, but my end didn't have the selvage), XOXO in Navy by Cotton + Steel (yes, it's navy and not black), Simply Sweet by Lori Whitlock, Modern Herringbone by Joel Dewberry, and Quattro by Studio M (which I am using in my current WIP).


I've been really digging geometric basics lately, and most of these are fabrics I've purchased in the last few months.

I think this would work well with either a white or really light gray background.

No comments:

Post a Comment