Friday, January 23, 2015

Fabric Friday

Yay, it's Friday! Things have been chaotic around here; we are having our kitchen cabinets refinished! It has been a very long process, with many bumps in the road, and we are finally nearing the end.

Today, I'm expecting painters any minute, and they promised the lacquer would be smelly, so I sent my children to my mom's for a sleepover. Hopefully, that translates into some good, uninterrupted sewing time for me! Yay!

For Fabric Friday, I have a bundle I didn't really expect to work, but now I like it. I have just a few purple fabrics. I don't know if I've ever included purple in a quilt, it's a bit out of my comfort zone. So, I wanted to try to put something together to stretch me a bit. I instinctively grabbed the oranges to go with it, and the gray and aqua just to break it up a bit, and I really kind of like it. It's an unexpected combination for me, and I like that. I also really like the tonal range of these fabrics.


From top to bottom: The first doesn't have the designer on my part of the selvage, but it's by Benartex, then Glimma by Lotta Jansdotter, Simply Sweet by Lori Whitlock, Wallflowers by Allison Harris, Modern Herringbone by Joel Dewberry, Mormor by Lotta Jansdotter, (no selvage on this one, it was a fat quarter, but I'm pretty sure it's a print by V and Co.), and Happy Halloween by Lynette Anderson Designs.


Have a great weekend, and hopefully by next week, I'll have beautiful, white cabinets!

No comments:

Post a Comment