Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Meyer Lemon Macarons

You guys. I made macarons.


Macarons have been on my bucket list for a long time. But I was pretty intimidated by them. I'm not great at folding, and almond flour is not cheap. Way not cheap. Plus, they just sound finicky.


But, I'm a pretty accomplished baker. I make croissants from scratch. Well, I used to before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. And then macarons hit the top of my list. See, they are naturally gluten free.

Yup.

A naturally gluten free French pastry.


This was my third go. I'm glad these worked out better (presentable, even!) than my first two tries; it gives me courage to keep trying!

I made these with Meyer lemons from my friend, whose parents live in Los Angeles and have several citrus trees. I LOVE when she shares her loot with me. I used a recipe from Tartelette.

And I finally feel like I've made macarons successfully. Such a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment