Friday, June 19, 2015

Fabric Friday: June 19

So...this was a big week for me. I got a new friend. I'm pretty excited to introduce you to her, she's really great. A little rough around the edges maybe, she's been well-loved in the past, but she's awesome.


Yes! I got a new (to me) Bernina!! I'm so pleased. I went in to test drive new machines, I was trying to decide if I could settle for the 380 or if I really wanted a 550, and the day I went in, they had a used 440. Luckily, it was late afternoon last Saturday, and they were closing soon, so I really had all weekend to think about it, and they promised to call before they let someone else take her home.


I thought about it all weekend. I had really decided against the 380...for a just a few cosmetic reasons, and wanted the 550. And the 440 was just almost the 550....for a little more than half the price...as soon as I could wrap my mind around bringing home a previously loved machine, I knew it was the machine for me. I was bummed the embroidery module is $1,000 (!); I will probably try to find one online because it's intriguing to me, but I just can't justify that.

We got off to a bit of a rocky start...she stutters on the first stitch after I turn her on (only that one), but otherwise seems to be in great shape. And, I've been reassured that the stutter is just a very normal calibration thing. *shrug*

Unfortunately, I had finished up all my WIPs before I got her, so I brought her home and couldn't start sewing like I would have liked. But, that's been fixed and we're on our way!


My bundle this week is simple, and feels clean to me. I really like the light blue and red together, and the text print is from one of my all-time favorite lines: Hometown by Sweetwater. Love!

Top to bottom: April Showers by Bonnie and Camille, Hometown by Sweetwater, Dress Up Days by Doohikey Designs, Reunion by Sweetwater, and Wallflowers by Cluck Cluck Sew.



Have a great weekend! I'm hoping to get a lot of sewing time in with my new friend. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Hope your new Very Best Froend is behaving nicely. I'm sure you will find an unwanted embroidery unit - lots of ladies buy them and then just not use them. ( I know someone who has had the 440 + emb unit for seven years and I don't think she had even unpacked the extra! She loves the 440 though x

    ReplyDelete