Friday, June 5, 2015

Fabric Friday: June 5

Friday snuck up on me this week...I almost didn't get a bundle ready in time. And I've gotten some sewing finished, including my two quilts for my girls and two Hedgehog blocks for pillow covers. But it's been a quick week.


It's the first full week of summer around here, and we started swimming lessons. My youngest daughter is too young by a few months (and definitely not ready) for regular swimming lessons, so we are in the parent-tot class while my older daughter is in regular lessons. The classes are only 30 minutes long, but I've been surprised that it kills our whole morning, and thus mostly our whole day as my youngest still naps in the afternoon.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the end. Luckily, it's only two weeks. I'll probably sign them up for another session; I want my girls to know how to swim for safety purposes...but seriously, it's keeping me busier than I like.

Anyway, it shouldn't really get in the way of my sewing, but it has been. I really need to get some cutting done, and I need to pick up some more background yardage...and then I'll get back to it all. Oh, and I need a couple of zippers.

Here's my bundle this week; I took inspiration from a photo I saw on Pinterest of a teal building with yellow shutters and navy shadows in the doorways...it was so striking! And I think it works really well with this gray. It's a Kona, I think...but I have no idea which one.


From top to bottom: Oh Clementine by Allison Harris, Little Ark by Carina Gardner, Wallflowers by Allison Harris, Modern Meadow I think...) by Joel Dewberry, and Hometown by Sweetwater.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment