After our trip to Italy, it took a few days to get sewing again. But, while I didn't leave a lot in progress, I did leave my girls' room in progress. I had quilts ready to bind, pillowcases done, and fabric cut for Hazel Hedgehog blocks for accent pillows.
I got the quilts bound finally (posts coming soon), and I finally started my Hazels. Part of the reason I hesitated was that they seemed pretty complicated, and I've also never pieced an accent pillow before, so I was (and still am) nervous to finish up the cover.
When I finally sat down to sew them together, they went pretty easily. I did struggle a little with some of the bias sewing, but I probably need to change my needle, and my machine sometimes struggles with feeding issues anyway. I'm saving my pennies for a new Bernina... :-)
I did forget one time to bump my needle for a scant quarter inch seam, and I could really tell once I realized. I opted to not unpick and fudge the rest of the seams around the mistake. It actually worked out pretty well...though I don't recommend it!
And now, I just need to add another border around the outside. I think I'm going to go with the hot pink for both, and then use the dark gray as the back of the pillow.
I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.