Friday, November 20, 2015

Fabric Friday: November 20

Yay for Friday! This week has flown by. Yesterday, I got to go to a baking class with a good friend to learn to make macarons...we had a great time, and it seemed so simple. Considering I've made them 3 times with varying amounts of success, this was both annoying, but relieving. This instructor, Caroline, uses an Italian Meringue method instead of a French Meringue method, and maybe that's why. Italian sounds more complicated, but maybe it makes it easier to be successful. It was great, and we brought back a whole box of macarons to enjoy. Yum!


Today, I have been madly sewing up a heart quilt (actually two...) so I can hopefully get it to Abby Latimer this weekend to quilt before Christmas. It's not actually a Christmas gift, but it's for my sister-in-law and we may be visiting her after Christmas, and I'd love to be able to deliver it in person instead of mailing it. I just have to figure out the backing now. :-)


So, with all the sewing I need to do today, I wasn't sure I'd have time to pull out a fabric bundle for today, but I did! And here it is. I don't have a lot of purple in my stash, but today I was really drawn to these two. I didn't buy them together, but I'm really impressed at how closely they match. The green, the purple, they're almost the same colors. So I was able to easily and quickly pull out some coordinated prints from the other colors, and voila! A bundle.


From top to bottom: Madison by Michael Miller, Rhoda Ruth by Elizabeth Hartman, (no selvage...), Meadowbloom by April Rosenthal, Reel Time by Zen Chic, and Basics by Alison Lindthardt.

No comments:

Post a Comment