Friday, May 5, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 27: May 5

I cannot believe it's May! We are in the final countdown for school and it's coming up unbelievably fast. We've got a trip this summer that I'm trying to sew for...pajama shorts for the girls, lots of t-shirts for them (my girls are tall and long t-shirts can be hard to find!), AND, I'm trying to get the courage to pull the trigger on ordering some sport lycra from Spoonflower to make them rash guard swim sets. I recently learned how dangerous light blue or aqua swimsuits can be (basically invisible in the water, which makes sense but I had never thought about it...) and I love rash guard sets because then it's less sunscreen to apply, more sun protection, and it's far easier for changing or using the bathroom. I've been all in on rash guard sets for a few years now. But, finding some that fit, that aren't pale blue, is hard. And I figured, they're basically just t-shirts made from swim material, how hard could it be?? Well, we'll see, huh?

In the meantime, I've got a bundle of fabric. I based it off the strawberry print on the end, and I really like it. I would not tend to add red and pink to the same bundle but I like it here a lot. 


Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment