Tuesday, May 30, 2023

All the Good quilt

I'm finally posting this quilt because I finally bound it! I got it back from the quilter over a month ago, but I've been busy sewing t-shirts, and this just wasn't a priority. Also, I needed matching thread for my binding.


I bought this pattern at Quiltcon in Phoenix and loved the improv style. It took a while to piece because of trimming all those flying geese and half square triangles, and then layout took a while (and two go's if you read that blog post) and then I had to pick a binding...this just took a lot longer than a standard quilt, and that's okay. It's finished now.

I love it. I wish it were a bit bigger, and I'm sad that I've got another wavy binding, but I really like it. I love a lot of the prints I used, and the colors, and the radiating center, and the navy binding...I think it turned out great. The pattern is by Jittery Wings. I didn't love the format of her pattern, but I love how it turned out so I don't not recommend it. And I didn't make any mistakes, so it was not a bad pattern by any means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment