Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Summer Sewing

I've been busy sewing for summer for my girls, and I'm not done yet! First up, I made a couple of t-shirts, one each for my older two girls, from leftover performance fabric I had bought for myself. One was an athletic material and the other was a merino wool. The performance fabric is a tad heavier than I'd like, and may be better suited to leggings, but I like the top, just not sure it's as perfect for the hot weather as the lightweight merino one is. 

Next, I made 3 pairs of Sunny Day shorts by Oliver and S for pajama bottoms for my girls. I let them pick quilting cotton from my stash I was okay with letting go of, and one of their choices surprised me, but they all turned out great. I wanted to make them pajama shorts because for our upcoming trip, we're aiming to pack super light because there won't be a lot of room in our rental car for a lot of luggage. So, shorts are preferable to traditional pj pants. 

Most recently, I finished a stack of 15 t-shirts. My oldest got two made from the Isidro pattern by Itch to Stitch with just a couple of modifications, the rest of the t-shirts are School Bus T-shirts by Oliver and S, and my second daughter got 4, one twin got 4, and the other got 5. I assembly line sewed them to an extent, doing them in groupings based on size and thread color. It took almost 3 weeks and I'm so glad to be done. It was a lot of serging! They seem mostly happy with them...hopefully they'll wear them! I like to sew them t-shirts because they're all so tall that it's hard to find them shirts that are long enough. And, bonus, most of the fabric I used for this stack was purchased at Black Friday from Girl Charlee and so they averaged $3-4/yard. Super cheap! 


I had to measure...6-1/2 inches tall! That's a lot of t-shirts!

Next, I need to pick up my fabric from Raspberry Creek and make some rash guard sets. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment