Friday, May 26, 2023

Fabric Friday Week 29: May 26

May is almost over and I don't know where the time has gone. Right now, time is absolutely flying. Schools are starting to let out for the year in our area, and we've had an amazing spring. It started late, but this year here in Utah has been a blessed one. We've had record breaking snow, and still continue to get some rain, and the summer is easing in slowly. It hasn't gotten above 80 yet, maybe even 75, which is pretty uncharacteristic in my memory, at least. Usually we're pushing 90s by this time of year. It's been beautiful, and green, and cool, and I hope it continues to ramp up slowly (which we desperately need so all the snow doesn't melt extraordinarily fast and flood our communities). My peonies and irises have started blooming and I have several vases on my kitchen counter. We've had just lovely rainbows. 

Anyway, enough about the weather...that's a rather boring topic, isn't it? Today I have a bundle I pulled quickly, and I like it. I don't always pull red, if I need something like red, I usually end up in the magenta range. But I really like the red in this group. I think it works surprisingly well with the deep purple, and I've always loved red and pale blue. 

I hope you have a great weekend, I'm going to spend my sewing time this weekend sewing rash guard sets for my girls! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment